[cmake-developers] fix-OSX-bundle-rpaths-and-Qt5 topic

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Oct 8 11:05:03 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

> > > Moreover I believe nobody nowadays builds for 10.5 on 10.5.
> >
> > Perhaps no one has to build that way for deployment but there could
> > still be people just building for their own host as the only computer
> > they have.  The fact that our dashboard reported this problem means
> > we are testing that case.
> >
> > Clinton, I don't have a 10.5 machine anymore and the test is failing
> > on yours.  Please take whatever action you feel is appropriate to
> > resolve the test failure on that machine.  This could mean either
> > disabling rpath altogether on 10.5 or changing the new hunk:
> >
> > > +  foreach(rpath ${${ikey}_RPATHS})
> > > +    set(changes ${changes} -delete_rpath "${rpath}")
> > > +  endforeach()
> >
> > to warn and skip removal when hosted on 10.5.  Or another option you
> > find.
> >
> > This needs to be resolved in the next day or two or the topic won't
> > be in CMake 3.1.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Brad
> >

> I don't have a 10.5 machine, but I've put in a commit which I hope solves the
> problem.
> 36c509b9 OSX: Only enable @rpath support on OS X 10.6 or greater.

I pushed more fixes for this.  Instead of requiring 10.6, I took the other path of warning when rpaths need changed at install time and skip it.
This should also fix the CMP0042 test which started failing.

By the way, Brad, your change to require 10.6 for the BundleUtilities test is no longer required on the rpath-osx-10_6 topic.

However, it may still be required for the fix-OSX-bundle-rpaths-and-Qt5 topic.

Clint