[cmake-developers] A goal for a simple Android toolchain file.

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:33:29 EDT 2014

On 3/28/14, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Wing wrote:
>
>>> I expect so, but knowing what the needs are helps inform what those
>>> changes
>>>
>>> might look like.
>>>
>>>  http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=14539
>>>

>> I'm not sure either. I recall an old thread about this
>
> That thread is presumably the first link in the bug report I linked.
>
>>> It does. Did you look at the Android.cmake I posted?
>>
>> I only skimmed it.
>
> You are far closer to Android development than me. I think more-useful than
>
> this discussion would be more-direct and active collaboration on code or
> code snippets, rather than skimming everything. That's why I posted the
> Android.cmake platform file. I have the feeling somehow that you only
> skimmed my initial mail.
>
> Do you have time/capacity for that collaboration?

Yes, I am interested in collaboration. You caught me at an awkward
time though. For the past year, I've been mostly handling various
Android related disasters. I've been going insane, so I finally got a
block of time to do everything/anything but Android (back to Mac, iOS,
Linux. It can't all be rosy, so I'm being made to suffer with Windows,
though the dose is small enough that its still better than Android).

I'm thinking it will probably be two weeks before I get back to
Android. (If things go really well, maybe late next week.)

I've been meaning to try to figure out how to build SDL for Android
using CMake. So maybe if you want to get a head start on what you are
thinking for your toolchian and see how it works with SDL, that might
be one possible way we can sync up and start collaborating.

Or maybe simpler, try grabbing my ALmixer/HelloWorld
project/documentation and build it using my current technique. Then
see if you can make your toolchain handle it. Then we can sync up, I
can try your toolchain, and start iterating on it.

Thanks,
Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development