[cmake-developers] Review Request: Topic ExternalProject_GitUpdate

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:49:03 EDT 2014

On 27/03/14 19:45, Brad King wrote:
> On 03/27/2014 02:35 PM, Brad King wrote:
>> Please take a look at the failure on the continuous test submissions.
>>
>>  fatal: Couldn't find remote ref origin/master
>>  fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>
> Is there a particular version requirement on Git?

I don't think so. I believe the problem was the "origin/" in the tag. I
just pushed a fix that strips "origin/" from the tag to see if this
fixes the tests, but I'm not sure if this is correct, what if the
tag/branch name is actually "origin/something"?

I think I can do something better by parsing the output of
git show-ref ${git_tag}. I will try later.

> Also I just noticed this line:
>
>> +        COMMAND \"${git_EXECUTABLE}\" stash --all --quiet
>
> That should be "stash save --all --quiet" because "git stash" may
> some day do nothing without the explicit "save" command.

Fixed.

Daniele