[cmake-developers] Review Request: Topic ExternalProject_GitUpdate

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 27 15:49:32 EDT 2014

On 03/27/2014 02:35 PM, Brad King wrote:
> Please take a look at the failure on the continuous test submissions.
>
>  fatal: Couldn't find remote ref origin/master
>  fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

I see this fix, thanks:

 ExternalProject: Strip out "origin/" from git tag
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=40bf640c

> +  if("${git_tag}" MATCHES "^origin/(.+)$")
> +    set(git_tag ${CMAKE_MATCH_1})
> +  endif()

Until now we made no assumption about the name of the remote.
What guarantee do we have that it is called "origin"?  Perhaps
instead the logic that sets is_remote_ref can determine the
name of the remote since it checks the refs/remotes namespace.