[cmake-developers] [Review request] Topic FindPkgConfig_Extend-PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 6 13:38:27 EST 2014

On 03/06/2014 01:22 PM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> For now I reverted the order, but I'm still using the same checks and
> logic from GNUInstallDirs. Should I change it and use
> FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS instead?

Yes, I think so, because GNUInstallDirs is about install destinations
and FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS is about search locations.  In this
case we want to influence search locations.

>   if (debian) add lib/<arch>
>   elseif (64 bit or unknown) add lib64
>   add lib

That looks good except for FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS.

> The logic is slightly different from find_package that just does
>
>   if (defined <arch>) add lib/<arch>
>   if (UseLib64Paths) add lib64
>   add lib

Actually UseLib64Paths depends on CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P too.
See the call to PlatformIs64Bit when setting it.