[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014954]: feature request: add FindRAGEL parser generator module

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Jun 4 15:57:19 EDT 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Georg Sauthoff
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14954
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2014-06-04 15:57 EDT
CMake already comes with support for parser-generators/compiler-compilers like
Flex and Bison (i.e. FindFLEX/FindBison).

But currently, it does not support the Ragel state machine
compiler/parser-generator (http://www.complang.org/ragel/ ).

A google search shows that there is a need for such support - there are various
projects using Ragel - and some projects which build with cmake reinvent the
wheel, i.e. they ship custom cmake targets for ragel compilation.

I've created a FindRAGEL module for my needs - it is based on the FindBISON
module distributed with cmake:

https://github.com/gsauthof/cmake-ragel

Besides the small examples included in the above repository you can also see how
the FindRAGEL module is used in another project - for multiple ragel files:

https://github.com/gsauthof/imapdl

Please feel free to integrate the FindRAGEL module (or something to the same
effect) into the cmake distribution.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change