[cmake-developers] CPack IFW generator

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Thu Jul 17 03:33:01 EDT 2014

Hi Nils, and other developers!

15.07.2014, 01:21, "Nils Gladitz" <nilsgladitz at gmail.com>:
> Hello again :)

> Some stuff that remains from my earlier observations:
> - A Lot of commented out code that should be removed.

I do this work sometimes

> Is Unescaped XML content from CMake variables.

Now I use cmXMLSafe in several places

> Some other random stuff I noticed:
> - CPACK_IFW_BINARYCREATOR_EXECUTABLE_FOUND seems redundant given that
> find_program() already encodes this in the cache variable.

I think you're right and I'll get rid of this variable in the near future.
But as long as the variable is still alive.

> - In the CMake coding conventions class members start uppercase.

The names of the methods I write with a capital letter, but the property names with a small letter
as in the base class cmCpackGenerator.

> I tried building a CMake installer with the generator again but it
> failed with:
> Caught exception: Component version for
> '/home/ngladitz/src/git/cpackifwgenerator/build/_CPack_Packages/Linux-x86_64/IFW/cmake-3.0.20140709-gd078a-Linux-x86_64/packages/CMake/meta/package.xml'
> is invalid! <Version>3.0.20140709-gd078a</Version>

Now I fixed it. Should work.

Regards