[cmake-developers] Request review of new topic "gcc-binutil-wrappers"

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 10:54:05 EST 2014

On 01/06/2014 04:44 PM, Brad King wrote:
> Please wait until after Clinton's unicode topics have settled so that
> you can get more isolated feedback from the dashboard.
Will do.
> This hunk looks strange:
>
> +    set(COMPILER "${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER}${CMAKE_C_COMPILER}")
> +    get_filename_component(COMPILER_DIR "${COMPILER}" DIRECTORY)
>
> I don't think both compilers should be used at the same time :)

Yeah, I assumed only one is set at a time but I'll have to check that.
CMakeFindBinUtils is included by CMakeDetermine<LANG>Compiler.cmake.
Perhaps they could pass their language into CMakeFindBinUtils so this
and similar constructs that check variables for both languages can be
removed.

Thanks!

Nils