[cmake-developers] add_custom_command differences in tests

Steve Wilson stevew at wolfram.com
Thu Feb 6 19:30:11 EST 2014

I have my topic branch with the add_custom_command changes to include the CONFIG keyword working.    The CMake binary produced from the build will correctly generated build systems that have custom commands with the CONFIG keyword.   I’m having trouble writing tests for the changes though.   When I run add_custom_command with the CONFIG keyword in the test suite the CONFIG keyword does not work.

I need a little guidance with the test suite.   I’m not super familiar with CTest so I’m not sure where to look next to find the problem.   So my question:  Why would add_custom_command behave differently in the tests than in regular build system generation?

Thank for any help.

SteveW