[cmake-developers] FindMPI take 2

Alin Marin Elena alinm.elena at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:38:36 EST 2014

Hi KT,

> In general, I think this is a good idea because I have encountered situation were the cmake compiler was a different flavor (intel, gnu, pgi, etc) than the selected mpi compiler wrapper.  However, if the chosen mpi compiler wrapper is the same as CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER, we don't need the try_compile because cmake will have already verified that the CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER works.
The nornal test will not test any MPI feature...to be sure that
actually the wrapper is an MPI compiler we will need to test a MPI
test.

Also we need to add a test to see if the found mpi has mpi.mod and can
be used. This is a Fortran usage only.

Also I like Brad's suggestion on MPICC&friends.

regards,
Alin