[cmake-developers] FindMPI take 2

Thompson, KT kgt at lanl.gov
Thu Dec 11 09:28:19 EST 2014

Alin Elena wrote:

> In addition to that I have noticed that in the interrogate
> function we never check that we can actually generate a binary
> with the findings, shall we have a try_mpi_compile at the end
> of interrogate function?

In general, I think this is a good idea because I have encountered situation were the cmake compiler was a different flavor (intel, gnu, pgi, etc) than the selected mpi compiler wrapper.  However, if the chosen mpi compiler wrapper is the same as CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER, we don't need the try_compile because cmake will have already verified that the CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER works.

-kt