[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015258]: 3.0.2-3.1rc2: _IMPORT_PREFIX always used even if absolute paths are in use - thus breaking build

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Mon Dec 8 14:17:53 EST 2014

On Monday 08 of December 2014, Mantis Bug Tracker wrote:

>  (0037414) Stephen Kelly (developer) - 2014-12-08 19:46
>  http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=15258#c37414
> The problem is that you change some relative paths to absolute paths by
> setting some variables them on the command line, but you don't set all
> necessary paths. You need to set the include dir to an absolute path too.

So if I want to override single path then I need to set all of them, always?

Also question - /usr/lib64/cmake/KF5CoreAddons/KF5CoreAddonsTargets.cmake
comes from package A.

Assume that A was built using relative paths.

Now there is separate package B that wants to use KF5CoreAddonsTargets.cmake
but it also wants to use absolute paths. Is that forbidden (A build using
relative, B absolute) then ? If I understand your comment correctly - the way
A was built forces the same way on all other software that uses As cmake
files.

> I added a new diagnostic to recognize this in CMake 3.2.

Could you point me to commit, so I'll try to backport?

> Removing CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR from your command line might also cause the
> correct files to be generated (why are you setting that?).

To ensure correct libdir gets used/set the one defined in rpm (package
manager), not some kde/cmake one. Also user that uses rpm to build the package
is allowed to redefine it like rpm --define '_libdir /blagblah', rpm passes
that to cmake at cmdline.

> You might want
> to discuss some of this stuff on the kde mailing list because apparently
> those paths and variables are quite a mess.

I'm more interested in corectness from cmake point of view than from kde point
of view.

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )