[cmake-developers] CMake 3.1 Android - generator expressions and output names

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Dec 2 15:45:27 EST 2014

Hi Robert,

Thanks for trying out the Nsight Tegra generator support.
It is brand new so we are just at the beginning of the
maturation process.  We would appreciate any help you can
provide.

On 12/02/2014 02:24 PM, Robert Goulet wrote:
> Perhaps it would be nice to have a generator expression that
> refers to the .apk file produced when compiling for Android?

This may be possible, but first we should work out the output name
and location settings as discussed next.

> Also, it would make sense that the .apk output name respect
> the names that we set using the target properties
> OUTPUT_NAME_<CONFIG>. Right now it uses the project's name for the
> .apk, while the .so does indeed respect the output name set.

Is it possible to configure the .apk name through the IDE?
If so, CMake could be taught to add the corresponding setting
to the .vcxproj file.  If not, then Nsight Tegra itself would
have to be modified by NVIDIA to support such a setting.

Some output directory settings may be needed too.  We have
RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, and
ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY already.  I'm not sure if one of
these should apply to the .apk, or if another setting would
be needed.  Also the availability of Nsight Tegra settings
for this needs to be investigated.

> C++ Language Standard to other values than Default?

I don't think there is currently.  The commit adding the original
support was:

 VS: Teach vcxproj generation about the Tegra-Android platform
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ef0fd4f0

The commit message documents many of the limitations.  Only the
last bullet (ANDROID_GUI prop) and part of the second bullet
(ANDROID_API prop) have been addressed so far.  The lack of a
flag table or other controls for the rest of the project settings
is currently the main limitation.