[cmake-developers] CMake master slowdown in generation step

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Fri Apr 11 01:33:27 EDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 13:58:37 +0200, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I also looked at your local-speed-lang topic.

testing/merge is the most recent. I really need to clean up the branch
mess I've made (caused by attempting to merge two sets of work sessions
between work and home without nuking things...usually by using 'local'
as a prefix) :/ .

> You found some c_str() calls > that can be removed in master, which I
> didn't find with my clang tooling. Are you using ad-hoc tooling for
> the commits in that topic too?

vim+fugitive and :Ggrep.

> You seem to have a lot of pending commits which I'd like to see in master at
> some point, many of which are independent.

Yeah; untangling the branch is a work-in-progress.

--Ben