[cmake-developers] target_compile_features remaining issues

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:59:00 EDT 2014

Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

> Am Freitag, 28. März 2014, 16:16:49 schrieb Stephen Kelly:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The target_compile_features topic in my clone is almost ready to merge to
>> next.
>
> Because I just had to look into the module: the stuff in
> CMakeBackwardCompatibilityCXX.cmake could probably be merged (at least in
> parts) into the compile_features lists as things like ANSI for scoping is
> a similar feature class like variadic templates or range based for loops.

Perhaps.

My interest is in features which differentiate contemporary compilers which
I use - Recent GNU and MSVC C++11 features and extensions. That's what I'm
going to focus on, but the design is intended to allow specifying features
like the ansi for loops too.

I'd say you can add that at some point when the rest of the infrastructure
is defined and merged.

Thanks,

Steve.