[cmake-developers] CheckStructHasMember does not support C++ only structs

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Sep 24 10:44:56 EDT 2013

On 09/24/2013 09:46 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> Any convention works for me... Perhaps also the other "Check" module
> should follow the same convention, though.

If anyone wants to take this action then go for it.  I wouldn't consider
it a high priority though.

> I pushed a commit to the CheckStructHasMember_CXX topic, can you review
> it?

You can simplify the implementation using ${ARGN} to get the arguments
beyond those explicitly named in the signature.

> Am I supposed to check for CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED_VERSION and behave
> differently depending on the version?

No, since the new interface is compatible with the old.  Just be sure
the behavior is unchanged when the optional arguments are not given.