[cmake-developers] AUTOUIC and AUTORCC for Qt

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Sep 23 15:45:45 EDT 2013

On Friday 20 September 2013, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am Montag, 16. September 2013, 10:12:41 schrieb Stephen Kelly:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've pushed the Qt-auto-generators topic to my clone.
> >
> >  https://gitorious.org/cmake/steveires-cmake/commits/Qt-auto-generators
> >
> > It is a proof of concept for features similar to AUTOMOC, but for
> > invoking the uic and rcc tools shipped with Qt. I'd like to generalize
> > the AUTOMOC feature to be able to remove more of the need to use macros
> > with Qt for ui files and rcc files.

Fine with me.

> Does that become something like a "put anything into the source list"? I
> thought about something like this:
>
> add_executable(foo foo.cpp foo.h foo.ui main.cpp junk.xml)

for the list of source files, cmake typically looks at their file name
extensions, and then checks whether it has a language/compiler which handles
those files. If it does, it hands it to it.
foo.ui is different, since it is not compiled directly into an object file,
but into a header file first, which is then included somewhere.

Alex