[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014415]: FindCUDA.cmake INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES add/honor optional SYSTEM flag

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Sep 16 08:40:39 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14415
Reported By:                Axl
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14415
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2013-09-16 08:40 EDT
Like GCC, nvcc knows and honors the "-isystem " include flag instead of "-I ".

It would be nice, if the CUDA_NVCC_INCLUDE_ARGS would not "copy all includes to
-I" but use the appropriate isystem flag instead if it was set before:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Modules/FindCUDA.cmake;h=0390ae4ad78447c0ce1cb32a899e9d0f1218d952;hb=HEAD#l1040

Steps to Reproduce:
Write an example CUDA program using, e.g. boost program options.
FIND_PACKAGE(Boost REQUIRED COMPONENTS program_options)
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(SYSTEM ${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})

make VERBOSE=1

FindCUDA will add all SYSTEM libraries with -I instead of -isystem when calling
nvcc.

Additional Information:
Thats the line when it happens:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Modules/FindCUDA.cmake;h=0390ae4ad78447c0ce1cb32a899e9d0f1218d952;hb=HEAD#l1040