[cmake-developers] A type for static plugins?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 20 10:03:23 EDT 2013

On 09/20/2013 09:59 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Another alternative would be for
>
>  add_library(myplugin STATIC_MODULE foo.cpp)
>
> be exactly equivalent to
>
>  add_library(myplugin STATIC foo.cpp)
>  set_property(TARGET myplugin PROPERTY STATICPLUGIN 1)

IMO that's too special-purpose.  However, since it is so common to
add a library and then set properties on it, perhaps there should be
a syntax in add_library and add_executable to inline property settings.

For example, we could add a keyword signature to declare SOURCES
and PROPERTIES in one call:

 add_library(myplugin STATIC
   SOURCES foo.cpp
   PROPERTIES QT_STATICPLUGIN "1"