[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014526]: Xcode generator sets incorrect release optimization flag

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Oct 31 03:20:41 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                David Rogers
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14526
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-10-31 03:20 EDT
Xcode projects generated have -O0 set for the release configuration. I think it
used to be -O3 but I could be wrong on that. -O0 is certainly incorrect though.

Steps to Reproduce:
Create any CMake project, I used the one here:
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake_tutorial.html

Create an Xcode project from it by running cmake -G Xcode .

Open the project, look at the incorrect Release configuration optimization flag.

Additional Information:
I do not know if 2.8.12 is the first version that is affected by this bug. I
have not tried 2.8.11 to double check.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change