[cmake-developers] CTest: Request review of topic "ctest-fix-run-serial"

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Oct 17 17:57:53 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Nils Gladitz <nilsgladitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Bill, thanks for looking into this!
>
> All four tests in my example are still run (as you can see in the test
> output I provided).
> This includes the dependent test.
>
> What I did change is that all tests (from an dependency or otherwise) are
> run from StartNextTests() which ensures that serial tests run alone rather
> than from StartTest() which did not seem to account for this.

I am not saying it won't run all of the tests.  I am saying there is a
danger it will ignore the depends with your change and run a depend before
the test that depends on it.  I don't see it using the depends in the sort.
 Maybe a better fix would be to make sure the sort takes the depends into
consideration.

Or, just change the depend starting in StartTest to make sure it does not
start a serial test with another test running.

-Bill