[cmake-developers] [review] add_jar (UseJava) uses cmake_parse_arguments

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 25 14:07:23 EDT 2013

On 03/25/2013 01:46 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> As is:
> - Pros: add_jar accepts jars as it was apparently intended to, as
> 'source' arguments
> - Cons: maybe not optimal interface, must support this going forward

Even after the proposed interface goes in we will still have to
support the old-style interface whether it has this feature or not.
Users will be able to choose which style to use.  Having a way to
get the dependencies in the old-style interface will be useful.

So long as it is not too complicated to implement both interfaces
once the proposed one is added I think we should go with this option.

> This branch:
> - Pros: cleaner interface, stricter compatibility with 2.8.10
> - Cons: non-trivial change, late in release cycle

The new interface is complex enough that it should be more thoroughly
reviewed and discussed by interested parties.