[cmake-developers] Test fails with Xcode

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 26 11:48:13 EDT 2013

On 06/26/2013 11:16 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>  http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=196514636&build=2948288
>
> The unit test seems to be exposing a bug in the Xcode generator or in the
> handling of the COMPILE_OPTIONS target property. Any idea what could be
> going on?

The generated Xcode project file has

 COMPILER_FLAGS = "-DTEST_C_COMPILER_VERSION=\\"4.1.0\\" ..."

but it should be

 COMPILER_FLAGS = "-DTEST_C_COMPILER_VERSION=\\\"4.1.0\\\" ..."

Where is the escaping supposed to happen for the CompileOptions APIs?

Also this is failing only on Xcode versions that use GNU but modern
ones use Clang.  I was able to reproduce the same problem on recent
Xcode by hacking the test to use Clang instead of GNU.