[cmake-developers] The "Ninja" generator errors out for any project that enables Fortran

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Jun 13 19:35:30 EDT 2013

I just submitted a bug report
(http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=14215) to that effect.

Many of the software projects I am interested in fall into this class
so this issue is largely a "Ninja" generator showstopper for me.  I
discovered this issue when attempting to build PLplot via the
build_projects project on Linux, and I plan to add build
configurations for ephcom, te_gen, lapack, and FreeEOS to that project
soon.  All of the mentioned projects enable Fortran, and I also found
the same issue for a simple test example that enabled Fortran. All my
tests have been on Linux, but I am pretty sure the same error would
also show up on Windows and Mac OS X.

If anyone here is game to do a quick fix for the "Ninja" generator so
that is supports Fortran, I would be happy to help out by testing the
fix using the build_projects project on the Linux and Wine platforms
that are accessible to me.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin