[cmake-developers] qt4-macros-TARGET-arg test failure

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 5 09:34:25 EDT 2013

On 06/03/2013 04:09 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I've pushed a qt4-macros-TARGET-arg branch to next. It refactors the Qt 4
> moc related macros to process a TARGET argument. The target is used as the
> source of include directories, which are then passed to moc as -I arguments.

This failed on one of the dashboard machines covering master:

 http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=193499656&build=2928264
 CMake Error:
   Error evaluating generator expression:

     $<TARGET_PROPERTY:TYPE>

   $<TARGET_PROPERTY:prop> may only be used with targets.  It may not be used
   with add_custom_command.  Specify the target to read a property from using
   the $<TARGET_PROPERTY:tgt,prop> signature instead.

I can reproduce it locally with the VS 10 generator run on the Qt4Targets
test project by hand.  I do not know why it didn't fail on any other
dashboard machines prior to merging to master.

Commenting out the file(GENERATE) call makes the CMake error go
away (but of course then the test does not work).