[cmake-developers] Please review CXXFeatures.cmake

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Mon Jul 22 17:46:16 EDT 2013

Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > Ok, I've pushed an updated version to the rework branch. A test for the
> > component check is missing, but all of your other suggestions should have
> > been addressed.
> >
> > Has anyone anything else, otherwise I will o and put this into CMake next
> > once I have the test.
>
> Do you have any response to the issue from Thiago here?
>
>  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/80156/focus=80172
>
> The header generated by your module would have to be installed, right?
> Otherwise it would make more sense to just use 'override' directly. The
> generated header is specific to whatever compiler was used when cmake
> generated it.

I don't generate a header. What I proposed there was to return a list of
compat definitions. But those will for reasons said e.g. by Michael Pyne not
include a definition for override.

Currently there is no such list generated at all. What it indeed could include
would be -D nullptr=0 and -D static_assert(x, y)= or the proper, compiler
dependent form of those.

Eike