[cmake-developers] Working towards Windows Phone 8 support

Paul Annetts paul at lightunobscured.com
Fri Jul 19 05:42:05 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've had a look at the CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET option now. I think the
correct approach for WP8 is to hardcode "v110_wp80" as it's the only option
that will properly give a working WP8 project. Thanks Brad for pointing this
out though - this might be useful for targeting versions in future releases
of the WPx SDK.

Since I'm splitting this into 2 interrelated parts, I think it makes sense
to host the patches on github so that the code dependency between the two
parts can be seen. I'll post to the list when there's something to review.

I think the first (and largest) stage of this is to support Windows Store
apps for Win32/ARM multiple architecture. Am I right in thinking this is
what "Visual Studio 11 ARM" generates? (If so it's a bit of a misleading
name  and something like "Visual Studio 11 Windows-Store" would be more
accurate, but I'll leave it for now :)).

Are there any existing tests of cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator I can use to
check for regressions and extend?

Thanks,

Paul.