[cmake-developers] Cygwin failure? (Was: INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property?)

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 15:58:50 EDT 2013

One of the dashboards is failing currently on this branch:

 http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=197185916&build=2959788

The problem is that the test expects an empty stderr because the policy
warning is expected not to be issued.

However, another warning is issued:

   actual-err> CMake Warning at /cygdrive/c/Dashboards/My
Tests/CMakeCygwin/Modules/Platform/CYGWIN.cmake:15 (message):
   actual-err>   CMake no longer defines WIN32 on Cygwin!
   actual-err>
   actual-err>   (1) If you are just trying to build this project, ignore
this warning or
   actual-err>   quiet it by setting CMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32=0 in your
environment or in
   actual-err>   the CMake cache.  If later configuration or build errors
occur then this
   actual-err>   project may have been written under the assumption that
Cygwin is WIN32.
   actual-err>   In that case, set CMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32=1 instead.
   actual-err>
   actual-err>   (2) If you are developing this project, add the line
   actual-err>
   actual-err>     set(CMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32 0) # Remove when CMake >=
2.8.4 is required
   actual-err>
   actual-err>   at the top of your top-level CMakeLists.txt file or set the
minimum
   actual-err>   required version of CMake to 2.8.4 or higher.  Then teach
your project to
   actual-err>   build on Cygwin without WIN32.
   actual-err> Call Stack (most recent call first):
   actual-err>   /cygdrive/c/Dashboards/My
Tests/CMakeCygwin/Modules/CMakeSystemSpecificInformation.cmake:36 (include)
   actual-err>   CMakeLists.txt:2 (project)

Yesterday I made a commit to set CMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32 as suggested, but
it did not silence the warning. I don't know where the warning comes from.

Any ideas?