[cmake-developers] CMAKE_SYSROOT vs CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 3 15:07:46 EDT 2013

On 7/3/2013 11:43 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>  To choose an SDK, you use the -isysroot option with the compiler and the -
> syslibroot option with the linker.
[snip]
>  Modules/Platform/Darwin-Clang.cmake:  set(CMAKE_${lang}_SYSROOT_FLAG "-isysroot")
[snip]
> I'm not familiar enough with OSX to know if the pre-existing OSX related
> sysroot features have any bearing on the new CMAKE_SYSROOT feature. Is it
> something to be concerned about? Should the features be unified? Should the
> new CMAKE_SYSROOT related variables be renamed to clarify difference?

Clinton, can you comment on this?

They do appear to be very similar.  Both are about the toolchain's
system headers/libs and platform SDK location.

On 7/3/2013 11:43 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> and I used CMAKE_SYSROOT_FLAG as the --sysroot= variable

Oops, I should have noticed that while reviewing the CMAKE_SYSROOT topic.
This will need to be a per-language flag.  Please replace that with
something like

 CMAKE_<lang>_COMPILE_OPTIONS_SYSROOT