[cmake-developers] Join CMake development

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 3 14:21:29 EDT 2013

On 7/3/2013 10:18 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> I'm Daniele Domenichelli, I'm a Post Doc at Italian Institute of
> Technology. I have several years of experience with CMake, as I used it
> during my Master Thesis, and during my PhD (I used mostly ITK and
> VTK+Qt), and I'm still using it during my Post Doc (for YARP[1]). Also
> I'm a KDE contributor (I'm one of the core developers of KDE Telepathy).

Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself.

> I recently submitted a few patches for the FindGTK2.cmake module that
> got merged for CMake 2.8.12 [2,3,4,5], and I have an open pull
> request[6] and a few more changes that I would like to propose in the
> future.

The open request's discussion identified some concerns about the
SelectLibraryConfigurations module, so please start another thread
to raise the concerns here (or respond to this message and change the
subject line).

> As discussed with Brad, I would like to join CMake development and, if
> the current Maintainer agrees, become the maintainer of the
> FindGTK2.cmake module.

Please follow steps 5 and 6 here:

 http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers#New_Maintainer

to get push access to the Git repo and take over the maintainer
role for FindGTK2.