[cmake-developers] How should Mac frameworks work?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 1 09:20:52 EDT 2013

On 07/01/2013 09:17 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> However, a colleage tested it (I have no Mac to hand), and told me that if
> those relevant lines are removed from the Config files, CMake does not seem
> to pass the relevant -F and --framework lines to the compiler, so #includes
> do not work.
>
> Is that a missing feature in CMake that is known, or an unknown bug in a
> case which should work?

What version of CMake and what generator did he use?

There is supposed to be logic to collect linked frameworks and
add -F options to the compile lines.

There was some refactoring work first released in 2.8.11:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=2bc22bda

that caused a regression related to this in the Xcode generator
that was fixed in 2.8.11.1:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=21a0beac