[cmake-developers] FindBacktrace.cmake

Vadim Zhukov persgray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 11:09:23 EDT 2013

Hello all.

I'm an OpenBSD developer, working mostly on porting software. Most of
my work is related to CMake-based land, including modern KDE and some
other Qt4-based stuff.

Here is a module I constructed a few months ago. It's helpful for
programs that want to use GNU-style backtrace(3) routine, which could
be found in different libraries and be declared in different headers
across OSes outta there.

I wrote it initially when porting Clementine, but many other software
packages tries to detect backtrace(3) functionality too. I plan to
contact developers of all such software packages if this module will
get included in CMake.

I tried to follow the guide at
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Modules/readme.txt
(pointed out by Brad King), but as this is my first module
contribution, there could be errors - please, don't bite for them very
much. :)

And I'd say "thanks!" for CMake itself and attach the module itself.

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov