[cmake-developers] documenting a CMake 'use' file

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Tue Dec 10 16:57:18 EST 2013

On 2013-11-22 15:49, Brad King wrote:
> On 11/22/2013 03:24 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> In particular, I am wondering if it is possible, and if so, what
>> recommendations there are if any, to document functions 'doxygen style',
>> i.e. the documentation immediately preceding the function definitions,
>> rather than all at the top.
>
> See the cmake-developer.7 manual "Module Documentation" section.

Thanks. Are there any guidelines on documenting the parameters of CMake
functions/macros? I didn't see that in the mentioned document.

So far I'm doing this:

.. command:: sbk_cat

Concatenate strings in a list into a single string::
   sbk_cat(out "," a b c d e)

Parameters

* ``VAR``: Output variable into which the result will be placed.
* ``SEP``: String used to join adjacent tokens.
* ``<ARGN>``: Tokens to be joined.

Related; is there a way to turn a CMake module file (that is outside of
CMake's module directory) into (e.g. HTML) documentation?

--
Matthew