[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014642]: CMAKE does not find the 64 bit versions of wxWidgets on Windows

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Dec 10 10:36:15 EST 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14642
Reported By:                philrosenberg
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14642
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2013-12-10 10:36 EST
Last Modified:              2013-12-10 10:36 EST
FindwxWidgets.cmake always returns the 32 bit version of the wxWidget libraries,
even for a 64 bit build specified by using -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64". If the
32 bit versions of the libraries do not exist then no libraries are found.

I've attached a patch for the FindwxWidgets.cmake file which fixes the problem
by checking for "Win64" at the end of the generator. The patch doesn't make any
attempts to check in the case of gcc - I don't use it so don't know how 64 bit
is specified for this compiler.

Steps to Reproduce:
use FindwxWidgets.cmake with -G "Visual Studio 11 Win64" or any other Win64
version of Visual Studio

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change