[cmake-developers] Please review CXXFeatures.cmake

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sun Apr 28 07:57:26 EDT 2013

One question I see increasingly often is "how do I test for C++11 support" or
for specific parts of that. For 2.8.12 I plan to include the check module I
wrote for that a while back, and that I have reworked in the last weeks. You
can find the current state in the "rework" branch of this repository:

git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/dakon/cmake-cxx11

I renamed the module to CXXFeatures because after all it is not specific to
C++11 at all. C++1y is under construction (may eventually become C++14 or
something), and it doesn't make sense to have a new module then again. And
this can even be used to check features of older compilers if one writes the
modules for it.

The module should work with CMake >= 2.8.3 for those that want to copy it into
their projects and need to support older CMake releases. But since this may
still change please make sure that you will pick up the one from 2.8.12 or
later if your project releases you do now will be configured by a new CMake in
half a year.

Greetings,

Eike