[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014118]: CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_LINE reports wrong line number

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sat Apr 27 20:57:42 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14118
Reported By:                Kyle Heath
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14118
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-04-27 20:57 EDT
The behavior of CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_LINE doesn't match the documentation.  It
should return the line of the CMakeList.txt at bottom of the call stack, but
instead it returns the line number of the macro file where it appears.

Steps to Reproduce:
Attached is a CMakeLists.txt that prints the value of CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_LINE
(Case A) and then calls a macro in my_macros.cmake that prints the value of
CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_LINE (Case B).

Case A gives the correct line number... line 3
Case B gives the incorrect line number... line 7 (of my_macros.cmake) but should
be line 5 (of CMakeLists.txt)

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change