[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014083]: WinCE generators should not default to THUMB for ARMV4 SDKs

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Apr 15 09:47:28 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Jan Hudec
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14083
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-04-15 09:47 EDT
I've tested the new Windows CE support and noticed it forces /MACHINE:THUMB for
all ARM machines. But this does not seem to be correct for SDKs targeting just
ARMV4 rather than ARMV4I, such as "Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)" pre-installed with
Visual Studio 2008, because ARMV4 does not have to have THUMB mode.

The WinCE support patch I was using so far
(git://gitorious.org/~paroga/cmake/parogas-cmake.git#wince) uses the logic I
described above.

The "correct" approach is to test the "INSTRUCTIONSET" macro from the
WCE.VCPlatform.config, but it is always included in the SDK name, so matching on
that should do.

Steps to Reproduce:
Use "Visual Studio 9 2008 Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)" generator or other WinCE 4.2
SDK.

The default machine should be ARM, but will be THUMB.

Additional Information:
I suspect similar problem might apply to the substitution of SH4 for SH, but we
are not compiling for any SH target, so I am not sure.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change