[cmake-developers] merge session today

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Sep 25 16:28:21 EDT 2012

On 25.09.2012 21:34, David Cole wrote:
> The following topic branches were merged to master and deleted from the
> stage today:
>
> $ git fetch --all --prune
> Fetching origin
> Fetching stage
>>From git://cmake.org/stage/cmake
>     f00f58f..2e48952  master     -> stage/master
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/AutomocUseTargetProperties
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/DetermineVsServicePack2012
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/ImproveFindSDLxxxModules
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/UpdateEmacsMode-bug0013548
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/clang-PIE
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/file-DOWNLOAD-EXPECTED_HASH
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/generator-expression-refactor
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/osx-sysroot-cleanup
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/qt5-qtdialog-port
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/use-generator-target
>   x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/vs8-generator-doc
>
> We're not quite ready for 2.8.10-rc1 yet, though, because of some changes
> made today that we'd like to have in...
>

> Steve, we didn't take "generator-expression-target-properties" yet because
> the logic is incorrect in this commit:
> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=4557c8db
>
> The test should be !IsGeneratorExpression, not 0!='$' && 1!='<' -- please
> write a function there instead to make the logic more readable. And
> consider adding a test of the case so that this would have been a test
> failure for you rather than having Brad and I catch it during review.
>
> Also, you've added $<BOOL, $<STREQUAL, $<ANGLE-R and $<COMMA, but did not
> add any tests of these expressions. We should really have tests of those
> before we take this change into 'master'.
>
> Do you want us to hold "-rc1" for another day or two while you address
> these?

I would like to get one small fix into rc1, where I'm sure it fixes a bug:

stage/ninja-OBJECT_DEPENDS
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=stage/cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=8f0e08d503c83f47f13efc21437e30b96c114639

Currently OBJECT_DEPENDS are only "order-only dependencies" which means
"changes in order-only dependencies alone do not cause the output to be rebuilt"
but a rebuild should happen when OBJECT_DEPENDS is set.