[cmake-developers] merge session today

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Sep 25 15:34:54 EDT 2012

The following topic branches were merged to master and deleted from the
stage today:

$ git fetch --all --prune
Fetching origin
Fetching stage
>From git://cmake.org/stage/cmake
   f00f58f..2e48952  master     -> stage/master
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/AutomocUseTargetProperties
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/DetermineVsServicePack2012
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/ImproveFindSDLxxxModules
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/UpdateEmacsMode-bug0013548
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/clang-PIE
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/file-DOWNLOAD-EXPECTED_HASH
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/generator-expression-refactor
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/osx-sysroot-cleanup
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/qt5-qtdialog-port
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/use-generator-target
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/vs8-generator-doc

We're not quite ready for 2.8.10-rc1 yet, though, because of some changes
made today that we'd like to have in...

Steve, we didn't take "generator-expression-target-properties" yet because
the logic is incorrect in this commit:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=4557c8db

The test should be !IsGeneratorExpression, not 0!='$' && 1!='<' -- please
write a function there instead to make the logic more readable. And
consider adding a test of the case so that this would have been a test
failure for you rather than having Brad and I catch it during review.

Also, you've added $<BOOL, $<STREQUAL, $<ANGLE-R and $<COMMA, but did not
add any tests of these expressions. We should really have tests of those
before we take this change into 'master'.

Do you want us to hold "-rc1" for another day or two while you address
these?

Thanks,
David