[cmake-developers] Backlog bugs

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:01:28 EDT 2012

Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 9. September 2012, 11:00:48 schrieb Mathias Gaunard:
>> In particular some people told me they had been severely put off by
>> CMake development when their bugs with attached patches that really
>> improved CMake were moved to the backlog and ignored.
>
> This is just a misunderstanding of what happened. The bugs were moved to a
> state where it is clear to everyone "noone is currently looking at this".
> This is no difference to the state the bug was in before, it is just
> properly tagged this way now.

Good explanation.

Mathias, maybe it would help if you explain to your colleagues that
'backlog' is similar in meaning to 'product backlog' in scrum terminology.

Simply no one is currently working on it. It is not the end of the line.

If you want to get your patches in, you can get a git account too:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git