[cmake-developers] visual studio usage

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:38:42 EDT 2012

I will probably complain from now until it's fixed with a perference
(which will probably mean me writing a patch; but... )

Devenv has a side effect that msbuild does not; devenv writes to the
most recently used projects, msbuild does not.   So I can keep using
visual studio to build my other c# projects that I work on, and even
have references to them in most recently used.

I have added to my toplevel cmakes a check for msbuild to set that
before the cmake default script checks; but this doesn't fix the
CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln that's used by cmake itself; so running a series
of builds ends up basically obliterating the most recently used files
with CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE's.