[cmake-developers] EXCLUDE_FROM_DEFAULT_BUILD testing

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 16 11:26:00 EDT 2012

On 10/16/2012 11:04 AM, Brad King wrote:
> I tested it locally on VS 6, 7.1, 8, 9, 10, and 11 all with
> spaces in the path.  I need to investigate the failures on
> the dashboard to identify the problem.

Since we're trying to keep the dashboard as clean as possible
right now (to more directly test any changes meant to fix any
regressions in 2.8.10-rc1) I'm reverting the change:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=69e305f2

until after the final 2.8.10 release and when we've resolved
these failures.  We can restore the topic later.

The problem is that MSBuild may be used as the build tool
instead of devenv, especially for VS Express editions.  The
MSBuild tool doesn't even read the .sln so this property does
not make sense.  One option is to run the test only when the
build tool is devenv.