[cmake-developers] Best practices questions

Petr Kmoch petr.kmoch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:36:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

I tried submitting my first patch recently (Issue 0013587) and I have a few
follow-up questions regarding "best practices:"

1) Looking at the dashboard, I apparently forgot to quote a path somewhere
in the test and it failed on spaces. What is the preferred way for me to
provide a fix for the tests? A new commit normally continuing history of
the patch as I submitted it? Somehow incorporating changes which were done
(by Brad in this case) when merging to next? Something else?

2) Is there a code style document I could read somewhere? I now
understand line width is preferred at 79 columns max. and I believe I've
figured out brace indenting; anything else I should follow?

3) If I have an idea for a feature I'd like to add, how should I start?
Bring it up for discussion here, raise an issue in Mantis, just code the
patch and send it in, ...?

Thanks.

Petr