[cmake-developers] Sublime Text 2 / SublimeClang Generator

Morne' Chamberlain thefreeman.za at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:05:19 EDT 2012

Hi

My name is Morné Chamberlain and this is my first post to this list. I
recently started using Sublime Text 2 as a text editor and light
development environment. I use CMake in many of my projects and felt the
need for a Sublime Text 2 project file generator for CMake. So a couple of
days ago I started to implement a generator, based initially of off the
CodeBlocks one.

Current status:
- All source and CMakeLists.txt files are included in the generated project
file, with the directory tree structure.
- For each target a separate build_system entry is created in the
sublime-project file, allowing one to build everything or only a specific
target if desired.
- The build systems invoke the platform specific make command on the
generated Makefiles.
- Builds from within Sublime Text 2 with Ctrl-B.
- The generated project file also includes a sublimeclang_options section
where include paths and compiler definitions are defined for use by the
SublimeClang plugin (C/C++ as you type syntax and error checking plugin for
Sublime Text that uses llvm and clang).

Issues:
- Sublime Text and SublimeClang do not currently allow you to specify
include paths and compiler definitions for SublimeClang per target (or
build system), only for the entire project. Currently all include
directories and compiler definitions are included for the entire project.
This won't affect building the project with Ctrl-B in Sublime Text, but it
could lead to incorrect behaviour by SublimeClang.
- Currently only tested on Ubuntu 12.04 with Unix Makefiles.

If this is something that the CMake community would be interested in then I
would like to contribute it to CMake.

Thanks
Mornè Chamberlain