[cmake-developers] patch for cmake that adds a new timestamp command

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 5 13:34:12 EDT 2012

On 09/29/2012 05:47 AM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> I've updated the patch (attached) to include a "TIMESTAMP" sub-command
> for "file" as well (I hope indentation is also fixed).

Thanks.

Use of std::time_t and std::tm will not compile on all of CMake's platforms.
Other code already uses "#include <time.h>", "time_t", and "struct tm".

Also, IMO the result in the case of failure should be the empty string
rather than NOTFOUND.  The latter is a convention in the find_* commands
that should never have been used elsewhere.