[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013573]: RPATH not supported when cross compiling for FreeBSD

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Oct 5 10:01:39 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13573
Reported By:                muhkuh
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13573
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-10-05 10:01 EDT
We have a MinGW hosted gcc cross compiler for windows that that targets FreeBSD.
The created makefiles for MinGW make don't add any -rpath options to the linker
command line.

Steps to Reproduce:
I don't really know how how to provide a test case. The cross compiler is pretty
large as it needs a lot of system libraries and headers to function properly. I
can provide it if neccessary.

Additional Information:
I think the reason for this is in:
CMAKE_ROOT/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Platform/FreeBSD.cmake.
If I comment out the checks for existence of a file "/usr/include/dlfcn.h"
everything starts working. Unfortunately I don't know the proper way to deal
with this in a way that it still checks what it is supposed to check in a cross
compiling environment.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change