[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013650]: Can Not Add A CMake Generated Project into Another Solution

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sat Nov 3 23:34:21 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Meng-Yuan Huang
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13650
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-11-03 23:34 EDT
My CMake is a nightly build: 2.8.9.20121028-g40eca.
My compiler is Visual C++ Express 2012.

I created two solutions test1 and test2 by cmake.
test1 has a project "a."
test2 has a project "b."
Then, I opend test2 by VC 2012 and add project "a" into test2 and then build it.
Unfortunately, VC 2012 issued this error message:
The project file '' has been renamed or is no longer in the solution.

Actually, I have two separated solutions developed by two different teams.
One solution "A" has no reference to another solution "B."
However, another solution "B" refers to solution "A."

Is this a CMake bug?

Steps to Reproduce:
See the attached file.

Issue History