[cmake-developers] Making Config.cmake files easier to write

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 5 17:04:00 EST 2012

On Friday 02 March 2012, David Cole wrote:
> Alex,
>
> Brad and I reviewed the MakingConfigFilesEasier_ConfigureMacro topic,
> but have two small additional changes to request before we merge it to
> master.
>
> (1) There's a generated comment referencing
> "ConfigureConfigFile.cmake" but there is no such file. Please change
> that to CMakePackageConfigHelpers.cmake.

Ok.

> And (2) you are using the "PACKAGE_HELPER_" prefix... I thought the
> prefix was intended simply to be "PACKAGE_".
>
> After you fix up those two minor points, we'll merge it to 'master' next
> time.

So instead of:

#   @PACKAGE_HELPER_INIT@
#   ...
#   set_and_check(FOO_INCLUDE_DIR "@PACKAGE_HELPER_INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR@")
#   set_and_check(FOO_SYSCONFIG_DIR "@PACKAGE_HELPER_SYSCONFIG_INSTALL_DIR@")

you prefer the following ?

#   @PACKAGE_INIT@
#   ...
#   set_and_check(FOO_INCLUDE_DIR "@PACKAGE_INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR@")
#   set_and_check(FOO_SYSCONFIG_DIR "@PACKAGE_SYSCONFIG_INSTALL_DIR@")

, i.e. without "HELPER" for both the INIT as well as for the actual helper
variables ?

I can do that, but I think at least for the variables the "HELPER" makes
sense.

Alex