[cmake-developers] conditionals in generator expressions

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 11 11:27:42 EDT 2012

On 06/07/2012 05:47 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
>> cmGeneratorExpression::Evaluate can be taught to handle everything
>> pretty easily.
>>
>> Then more places need to be taught to pass values through instances
>> of cmGeneratorExpression, such as the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES property
>> just before it is used in the generators.  Each place that constructs
>> a cmGeneratorExpression instance must give it enough information to
>> evaluate all the expressions supported in that context.  Documentation
>> must be updated accordingly, and tests added of course.
>
> So can this be done in 2.8.10?

Hopefully.  It's definitely too late for 2.8.9 ;)

> And can Kitware do it?

I've started a local topic branch and implemented $<0:...>,
$<1:...>, and $<CONFIG:...>.  When I get a chance I'll add
some of the other queries, documentation, and tests for the
generator expression features.

I don't think I'll have time to add new places like
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES that evaluate values through
cmGeneratorExpression.  It should be pretty straightforward
for you to try though.