[cmake-developers] Welcome to June, time for the next release candidate

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Tue Jun 5 06:02:08 EDT 2012

Am Dienstag, 5. Juni 2012 um 10:11:40, schrieb Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
> > I already proposed a patch in the users list (using
> > "archive_write_set_format_gnutar()"
>
> Discussion is in this thread:
> http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-May/050483.html
>

> > instead of "archive_write_set_format_pax_restricted()" in file
> > "Source/cmArchiveWrite.cxx")
> >
> > which make things work OK on this system.
>
> Hi Kornel,
> Like I said in the previous thread, we simply cannot switch to gnutar, it will
> potentially break many other systems.

OK, I understood the hesitation.

> Moreover when you compiled the very same CMake using the shipped-in cmlibarchive
> you didn't get the error.
> So the issue is an interaction between system provided libarchive and CMake,
> did try to contact Ubuntu packager about that?

You mean, I should press the ubuntu packager to use built-in libarchive, instead of using
the the "approved" brand new libarchive version already there? What should I expect as an answer
from them?

My opinion is: this libarchive will (sooner or later) find it's way to other platforms as well, and also in
cmake's own sources.

We already reacted once (changing archive_write_set_format_ustar() to archive_write_set_format_pax_restricted()).

Never mind, I did not want to be importunate ...

	Kornel